Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Well, the day finally arrived: June 14th, 2010, after 4 months of live camera the Molly the Owl ustream production came to an end. It was an incredible experience. Many of us made friends through chatting on social stream. The May 29th picnic had about 300 people in attendance.
I had so much fun making owl necklaces and owl magnet sets and I'm so happy that they have "flown" to new home for fellow MODS, as we are called, so they have a remembrance of our time together.
Now that I have more free time, I'm starting to make some enamel pieces. Sunday I played around with shapes and fired up the kiln to see what the various glass enamel colors looked like post firing.
Gulp, one scarey moment: dropped a hot (1500 degree) pc of copper on the hard wood floor. Just like wood burning tool, the copper burned a mark on the floor. And darn, if I didn't drop it 2 more times before safely depositing it in the pickle bath.


No comments: