Monday, November 1, 2010

Hooray, Did my First Craft Fair

Finally the big day arrived: St. Mark's Holiday Bazaar on October 30th. My first ever jewelry craft fair... The first ever publilc viewing of my Golden Water Creations items. My shop was open for business after months of behind the scenes work....
Things went fairly smoothly setting up. Thanks to my huband, Ray and the two Cheryls who gave me a hand as I was running a little late. I enjoyed meeting the other vendors in my area.
I chose St. Mark's for my business launch because Ray and I were members there for many years and I knew I would feel at 'home' there. I had some nervous butterflies in my stomach anticipating the craft fair so I wanted  things to be familiar. It was great to talk to folks I hadn't seen in many years.
Due to a rain forecast, we were set up inside which I really liked. Overall, I was pleased with my set-up. There are things I need to tweak before my next craft fair in regards to my display and the jewelry items I make.
I get a kick out of my creations going to 'live' in a new home. It was fun to learn that some items will be under the Christmas tree for folks in Texas and Tennessee...My lips are sealed though.
This week I really hope to get http://www.goldenwatercreations.com/ filled with jewelry for sale plus I'm trying to get a space in another craft fair I learned of while at St. Mark's. If that works out I will be Torrance on Saturday... more details to follow.

No comments: