Thursday, October 21, 2010

Busy as a Beaver

Well, that's not a word so relevant in our society today. How many of us have even seen a beaver in the wild busily building a dam? I'm lucky to have seen them several times...They just keep cutting down trees, swimming over to the dam or lodge and shoving in the sticks, amazingly the sticks are the same length. How do they do that without a ruler?

That phrase "busy as a beaver" does describe my days right now as I progress with getting my website ready and open for business.

Plus I'm busy making the items I will have for sale at:
 St. Mark's Presbyterian Church in Lomita on Sat, October 30th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The church is located at 24027 Pennsylvania Ave. I hope you can stop by if you are in the area.

These are some of the goodies I'm working on: enamel earrings and pendants in various shades of blue, orange, red, purple, plus copper and sterling silver earrings some with semi-precious stones. I also will have stamped word pendants. What special word has meaning for you: Hope, faith, dream, inspire....?

I hope to get some Thanksgiving table runners made using the nuno felt technique.
Well, this busy beaver better head back into the jewelry studio...my torch awaits..

No comments: