Saturday, October 9, 2010

Plans coming to fruition

Oh boy, after months of business 'stuff', the fun begins NOW with making items for my 'shops'. Too bad I have to take sleep breaks, I could just create 24/7...I hope to have my webshop stocked with goodies approx Oct 16th.

I learned alot of techniques at the Kentucky enamel workshop I attended Sept 25, 26. There were 20 of us from all over the USA. As usual, a pleasure to interact with other creative folks.

As always, my travels and nature inspire my creations. I made a quick trip mid-Sept trip up to Cayucos and Cambria, darling towns located along the Central California coast. If you haven't been to the Central California coast, the fall season is a great time to visit. Check out the Cayucos Chamber of Commerce site for info. http://www.cayucoschamber.com/
I especially love the scenic drive on Santa Rosa Creek Rd. The "interesting" road (at times it is barely 2 cars wide) goes through many different types of terrains and habitats. I saw a flock of wild turkeys this trip.

I took lots of photos during the 14 mile drive and while visiting some beaches. I like to photograph doors and bikes. I found both on this trip: a cute bike outside a Cambria business and a door in the town of Harmony, population 18. (okay, I think that might be a 'generous' count on the number living there)

I collected the 'cutest' naturally polished beach stones in Cambria. Some look like prefect cabochons a lapidarist would do. The stones on the beach were so colorful, they reminded me of Lake Superior, Michigan rocks: blue, green, white, red, black. I might even have found several moonstones. The area is famous for moonstones, although technically the stone isn't a 'true' moonstone.The plan is to use the tiniest blue ones (I believe they are jasper) on some earrings.

I will be drilling holes in sea glass and beach rocks for necklaces and bracelets. (Did you know I LOVE! power tools?! Harbor Freight and Home Depot are my kind of stores...)

We've had some wacky weather the last 2 weeks. 113 degrees and then rain a week later... I hope y'all are enjoying a beautiful Fall day in your area.

No comments: